* Tuition is considered EARLY if it is paid before the 1st of the month. Those who pay early pay a discounted tuition amount.
* Tuition is considered ON TIME if it is paid any time from the 1st of the month through the 22nd of the month. Those who pay on time pay the full monthly tuition amount.
* Tuition is considered LATE if it is paid on the 23rd or later and will incur a $5 late fee.
* Tuition is for the reservation of a child's place in a class; therefore, no refunds will be issued for missed classes or lessons not taken.
* Tuition is based on four lessons per month. We do not charge extra when your child receives five lessons, nor do we deduct when there are only three due to scheduled holiday closings or bad weather closings.
Yearly Gym Registration/Membership Fee
* There is no longer a yearly gym registration/membership fee.
* Your child is considered enrolled and payment is due for each month until you give, in writing, a two weeks notice that your child is dropping a class.
* You will be automatically charged and expected to pay tuition until notification is made.
* Students are expected to attend each offered lesson.
* If a student must miss a class, you may check with the office manager to see if you may schedule a make-up lesson.
* Each student is allowed one make-up lesson per month.
* Any make-up lessons your child is allowed must be scheduled through the office and taken within 30 days of the missed class.
* Because of coaches' schedules, missed private or semi-private lessons will not be made up in a private or semi-private setting. Students enrolled in these type classes may schedule a make-up in a regular one hour class that will match her/his skill level.
* No make-up lessons for missed team practices will be allowed.
* If the class in which your child is enrolled is the only one of its type, no individual make-up lessons will be scheduled; however, for unscheduled gym closings we will do our best to offer a group make-up time for the entire class.
* Classes are filled on a First Come, First Served basis.
* Students advance based on ability and mastery of skills.
Scheduled Holiday Closings
* Champions closes each year for July 4th, Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, Spring Break, and Memorial Day.
* Labor Day, Halloween, and Memorial Day are single day closings.
* July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year and Spring Break are multiple day closings.
* We will NOT schedule make-up classes for these closings.
* If we choose to close for other holidays, we will offer you the opportunity to schedule a make-up class.
Bad Weather Closings
* Champions will close when the weather creates conditions that would make it, in the opinion of the owner, hazardous for our clients.
* If you are unsure whether the gym is open or closed because of the weather, you may:
1. go to www.kait8.com and click "Employer." If the gym is closed or has a schedule change, it will be listed there by 2:00 p.m.
2. go to Champions Gymnastics Center's Facebook page. Any closings or schedule changes will be posted there by 2:00 p.m.
3. call the gym number and wait for the answering machine to pick up. If we are closed or there is a schedule change, the message will be changed by 2:00 p.m.
* When the gym is closed because of the weather, we will offer you the opportunity to schedule a make-up class.
Dress Code for Students
* No jewelry of any kind is to be worn during class.
* Girls enrolled in gymnastics wear a leotard but do not wear shoes, socks, tights, or shirts. Workout shorts are optional. Hair is to be pulled up or back so that it stays out of the face.
* Boys enrolled in gymnastics wear gym shorts and a T-shirt, but do not wear socks or shoes.
* Girls and boys enrolled in tumbling classes wear gym shorts and a T-shirt. Socks and shoes are optional, but are encouraged for those learning to tumble for cheerleading. Hair should be pulled up or back so that it stays out of the face.
Expected Behaviors from Parents and Guests
* Parents are NOT allowed in the gym area at any time.
* Parents are to refrain from reprimanding their children during a class unless specifically asked by a coach to do so.
* Parents are to refrain from attempting to coach their child during class time. This is the instructor's job.
* Be considerate of other parents and guests.
* Monitor your children who are not actively engaged in a class. Keep them WITH you. Do NOT allow them to run through the lobbies and proshop area. Remember that this is a public place of business NOT a playground.
* Do not gossip, gripe or use foul language.
* If you have a complaint about a class or instructor, speak with the office manager. She will assist you in whatever way is necessary.
* Parents and guests who engage in inappropriate behaviors may be asked to leave the premises.